Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Microsoft maps - pictures maps.... new

Microsoft's online mapping system is very neat.

http://preview.local.live.com/

You can actually move around as if you were touring the city (Seattle or San Fransico at the moment)...

This is very neat... If I was in a hotel room, wanting to find a certain place, I could look for visual cues and hike, if it's not to far of course.... but hey I have walked long distances before... but that's another story.

On this site, you can choose to change the view, to "walk", "race car" or "sports car"... that is a little bit of a gimmick.. but what the heck.

I am impressed with the idea that this presents. Although, it is possible that this could also be used by some people as a tool to be a pest.

Know what I mean???

No comments: