Saturday, February 18, 2006

Free image manipulation software?

Since my college days, I had worked with Adobe photoshop. Which, in my opinion is an awesome piece of software.

But, when I became self employed, I noticed that I constantly had to take my small budget into consideration. When having to work with image files, I started to look around at what was "out there". Then I found Gimp.

Gimp is a freely distributed image manipulation program. It has many features that allow you to produce professional quality graphics.

You can use it to touch up pictures, make poster or whatever else it is you need to do... maybe, it's designing a new webpage.

I have been using Gimp on and off for some time. Gimp also runs on different platforms.
There is Gimp for Linux (which is packaged in many cases), Gimp for windows and Gimp for OS X.

For more information on Gimp:
The Gimp Manual
Gimp Screenshots
Gimp downloads
Gimp for Windows

No comments: